Next Class Starting Date: APRIL 18TH, 2020
Taking the right medication at the right time is necessary for a patient to have a better result of health recovery. This is the reason why it is necessary to have a caregiver who has the required skill and knowledge of medication they give. To achieve this, we at DaySpring Career Institute offer hands-on training for students who are seeking this certification (Medication Aide).
A Qualified Medication Aide must meet the following requirements from Indiana State Department of Health:
- Completed a state-approved CNA training program. Must have completed 1,000 work hours as a CNA before applying to the QMA training program.
- Passed a QMA competency evaluation program consisting of a written test, and
- Be listed in good standing as a QMA on the Indiana State Nurse Aide Registry.
The students who undergo our Qualified Medication Aide program will learn skills, such as:
- Administering prescribed medications
- Recording and updating patient charts
- Hygiene and grooming assistance
- Monitoring vital signs
- And much more
Please don’t hesitate to contact us today for additional information.